Mango butter is highly effective as far as caring for the skin is concerned. It nourishes and hydrates beautifully.
This glorious fruit originated in South Asia, and is prolific in the warm tropical climes of northern Australia. Indigenous rainforest tribes have been reaping the hair and skin care benefits of mango for centuries.
Antioxidant-rich, it will help destroy those pesky free radicals and maintain the proper structure of your skin, helping you to retain that youthful bloom. This semi-hard butter is cream in color and very similar to cocoa butter. We just love how luscious it feels as it quenches our thirsty skin. Here’s why it’s a superstar natural ingredient, and what it can do you for your skin:
- Outstanding skin softening, soothing and moisturising properties
- Helps to combat dry skin, and symptomatic relief of eczema and dermatitis
- Contains anti-oxidant and anti-ageing properties
- Non-greasy and absorbs easily into the skin
- Protects the skin from the weather and even UV radiation
- Said to be effective at reducing fine lines and wrinkles
- Soothes frostbite, sunburn, insect bites, rashes and stretch marks
- Even used for consumption in certain cases
However, to get down to the real reason for the rejuvenating effect that the mango has on your skin, it is largely down to antioxidants. There are small molecules known as free radicals that are generated by the effect of UV sunlight on your skin, and also by pesticides, cigarette smoke and other pollutants.
These antioxidants destroy the structure of your body cells, including skin cells, and make it look leathery, wrinkly and generally older and tired-looking. Antioxidants destroy these free radicals, restoring flexibility and reducing the degeneration of skin cells. Therefore, apart from all the sexy stuff, your skin will stay more elastic and retain that youthful bloom when you use mango butter. It’s the star ingredient in our Moisturising Lotion, one of our most popular natural skin care products.